Photography provided by: Photography by Deetra
"All of those things you have done in the past
have gotten you to where you are today.
BUT, they may not be what you need
to get you where you want to go. "
- Moira Cleary
It can be especially difficult when we feel our lives are ordinary and living in survival mode. Then one day we wake-up shake our heads and say "No, this isn't the person I want to be... this isn't who I'm supposed to be!" that's the crux, but it is also what makes for some AMAZING transformations!
Over the course of my life, I have been exploring, looking for the solution to the problem of being Me.
- I'm strong - so why does that effect me so much?!
- I love them, but they drain my energy.
- If I don't ______, I'm selfish.
- I teach my kids what I've been taught - it works, right?!
- Who would I be if......
- Why do I secretly hide the fact I'm a CONTROL FREAK!
- There must be anger issue if I swear this much!
You get where I am going. You may even be saying some of these things to yourself!
On the outside, I looked like I had it all together. On the inside, I was a HOT MESS trying to manage, handle, cope, and juggle life.
Sound familiar? You see, I know what it means to live your life but not "really" know who you are, what you want or what your voice even has to say. AND so, the journey to find myself began.
Let's face it when you are making life changes, and you don't have a clue how they will impact you IT'S SCARY!
I began Focused Direction to work with older teens so that they could know who they were before leaving home. What I found was that many mothers were just like me, having an awakening of sorts. I love serving both of these groups. It fills my heart.
Today, I'm the person I've always wanted to be, someone who has a message to share, knows that voicing my opinion doesn't mean I'm starting an argument. I love to learn new things and don't care if I mess up. I'm not quiet or unsocial, I'm an introvert and life is less stressful when I honor that fact. My strongest values are growth, honesty, and birthdays! If I can live by those, everything is going to turn out o.k.
(Side note: I survived! Our family has become even closer. My friends know the real me.
And life is EASIER! I wish I had done it years earlier!)
Now, I give people the space to Breathe, Think, and Create their perfectly imperfect lives. Supporting them while they transition into the person they were always meant to be.
How would you finish this statement?
I'm the person I've always wanted to be, someone who...
Give yourself 30 minutes on the phone with me, and we'll get you started on being the person you want to be.
- Certified Professional Coach - Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching (IPEC, is Accredited by the ICF)
- Certified Energy Leadership Index Master-Practitioner - Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching (IPEC)
- Associate Coach Certification - International Coaching Federation (ICF).
- Certified Reiki Master/Trainer